In the new movie Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, Jason Momoa will be reprising his role as Arthur Curry. The film is set to release in December 2022 and so far everything about it has been released. This blog post will go over every detail that we know so far about this upcoming blockbuster.
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom is set to release in December 2022. Jason Momoa will be reprising his role as Arthur Curry, who was last seen at the end of Aquaman (2018). The movie does not have a trailer yet but there are some details from IMDb about it that have been released so far. This includes an estimated running time of 130 minutes which would make it shorter than Aquaman by around 20-25 minutes. It also says that this new film is rated PG-13 for violence, action, and brief language with an MPAA rating of R(US) meaning that no children under 13 can watch without parental guidance or permission.
About the movie
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom is an upcoming American superhero film based on DC Comics featuring the character Aquaman. Produced by DC Films, The Safran Company, and Atomic Monster Productions, and set for distribution by Warner Bros. Pictures, it is intended to be the sequel to Aquaman (2018) and the thirteenth film in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). The film will be directed by James Wan from a screenplay written by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick and stars Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman alongside Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Dolph Lundgren, and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.
Momoa pitched a story for an Aquaman sequel during the production of the first film, but Wan did not want to rush the next film. He agreed to oversee the development of the sequel in January 2019, with Johnson-McGoldrick signed to write the screenplay a month later. Wan was confirmed to be directing the film in August 2020 and said it would expand on the worldbuilding of the first Aquaman. He announced the title for the sequel in June 2021, with filming beginning later that month in London.
Aquaman, in the follow-up to his 2018 solo film, is forced into a battle between surface dwellers and Atlantis when one of King Orm’s new weapons gets loose. The movie will be set after the events from Aquaman and begin with him fighting for aqua mania against orms new weapon which was leaked because of an accident at sea during Aquaman fight for aqua mania this leads him to find out that he must go on land and defeat king orms forces before they take over all of the piles of earth water sources to make way for their ichthyolites plan. Jason Momoa said “we have been working hard on this sequel since we finished Aquaman so I am excited for the release of the new sequel.
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman: The half-Atlantean/half-human king of Atlantis who can swim at supersonic speeds and communicate with aquatic life.
- Amber Heard as Mera: The princess of Xebel and daughter of King Nereus who can control water with hydrokinesis and communicate with other Atlanteans telepathically.
- Patrick Wilson as Orm Marius: Arthur’s Atlantean half-brother and the former king of Atlantis who is in custody for his attempt of waging war against the surface as revenge for mankind’s treatment of the seas.
- Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus: The king of Xebel and Mera’s father.
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane / Black Manta: A ruthless pirate and high-seas mercenary who uses an Atlantean-powered suit given to him by Orm.
- Temuera Morrison as Thomas Curry: Arthur’s father.
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom is scheduled to be released on December 16, 2022.