It was only a matter of time before Army of the Dead 2 got its sequel. Zack Snyder and Netflix are now working on the second part of Army of the dead, a zombie action film that is set to release in 2020.
The original Army of the Dead focused on a group of ragtag mercenaries led by Dave Bautista’s Scott Ward who was tasked with stealing hundreds of millions of dollars from an underground vault under a casino in Nevada. Army Of The Dead 2 will follow this story and explore all details about it, as well as introduce new characters, including two children survivors named Sam (Miles Robbins) and Ginny (Zoey Vargas).
Development of “Army of the Dead 2”
Zack Snyder, who directed Army of the Dead and co-wrote its screenplay with Shay Hatten and Jason Fuchs, will also be directing Army Of The Dead Part II.
Netflix has not yet released a trailer for Army of the Dead part two but we can expect it sometime before next year’s release date. “Army of the Dead” ended with Scott Ward (Dave Bautista) refusing to leave his daughter behind just as he was about to rescue her from an underground zombie bunker. Now that Sam (Miles Robbins), Ginny (Zoey Vargas), Rusty Nails (Xzibit), and now Stumpface have joined up with him. Army of the Dead Part II will see this Army Of The Living try to fight their way past hordes of zombies, both above and below ground.
Facts about “Army of the Dead Part 2”
- Snyder wrote Army of the Dead with Shay Hatten and Jason Fuchs
- Netflix has yet to release a trailer for Army of the Dead Part Two but it should be released sometime before its 2022 release date.
- Army of the Dead II was originally called Army of the Living.
- Army of the Dead Part Two will be a lot more expensive than its predecessor
- Army of the Dead is rated R and Army of the Dead Part II has yet to get an MPAA rating but it’s likely that this sequel would also earn an R-rating due to Snyder directing Sucker Punch, 300, Dawn Of The Dead 2004 remake with lots of violence and blood spilled on screen.
- Netflix recently revealed that Army of the Dead was watched by 75 million households in its first 28 days on the streamer, shooting into the top 10 of their most-watched films ever. It currently sits in the eighth position on the chart, tied with Project Power.
Plot Details of “Army of the Dead Season 2”
While no plot details were given about the sequel, there are certainly a few ways it could go. With Vanderohe on his way to Mexico City, it’s clear the zombie plague will be spreading to that country. Snyder has also hinted that Matthias Schweighöfer’s Dieter survived the events of Army of the Dead, making it quite possible that he could show up. How Purnell’s Kate Ward will be involved is an open question, too, but those three faces will likely make an appearance in some capacity.
Release Date of “Army of the Dead Part 2”
With no release date set, Army of the Dead 2 remains a mysterious project, one that Snyder likely knows the secrets to even if the rest of the world doesn’t.